I am extremely flattered to have been nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award by F.H. Hakansson (I imagine it should really be Håkansson, but since we are the only country using that particular form of umlaut with an a, Hakansson is usually easier to use) who is a brilliant blogger, poet and (in his own words) up and coming science fiction author. He also happens to be Swedish but writes in English, which I think is an extra bonus. Thank you very much.
There are certain requirements to accept this award, so I shall try to fill them now. First up I need to thank the person who has nominated me, and I can check that off my list with the above. Then I need to share seven random facts about myself that I have previously not mentioned on this site. Hmmm… That’s tough, but I will give it a go:
1. I was never baptized as my mother didn’t want to make promises on my behalf that I might not want to live up to.
2. I am severely addicted to Crime shows on TV. Particularly the original CSI and Criminal Minds.
3. My very first dog’s name was Kim. He was a Bostonterrier who didn’t live very long, and was later replaced by Fido.
4. The first time I was called up to the blackboard during English class in 7th grade (new school, new class) I miss-spelled the word able (after having bragged about how good I was/am at English).
5. I have never been on a proper date.
6. I refused to finish reading Dostoyevsky’s Crime And Punishment when I was in High School even though it was required reading. I said to my teacher, after reading the description of how a man beat a horse to death, that if she wanted to give me a lower grade for the assignment I would take that rather than becoming physically and psychologically ill while reading.
7. My only appearance on TV was in 9th grade, in a documentary about the history of the condom. I still have it on tape somewhere, but I would be much happier if the rest of the world never saw it ever again!
Ah, and then, of course, I have to nominate recently discovered blogs, passing the award on, as it were… This is hard! There are several blogs out there I feel should be mentioned, and since I am relatively new at this blogging malarky I would call all of them recently discovered, so here goes:
1. An Unfittie’s Guide to Adventurous Travel (photos, prose and poetry – and also mention of the lovely golden retriever Lindy)
2. Poet… Maybe? (poetry and beautiful images, one of my absolute favourite blog poets)
3. Astrowich (prose and poetry in Swedish)
4. Virtual Sin (erotic poetry and other tidbits)
5. Tumescent Moon (fantastic horror fiction and rather mad ramblings)
Perhaps I should nominate more blogs, but I honestly don’t know where to begin. These are blogs I constantly come back to, which is why I want to put the spotlight on them.
It is an honour to be nominated, especially since I still feel I’ve not been doing as much as I could/should and would have on this blog lately. Sometimes life just gets in the way of these more important things. Thank you, again! And I hope you keep enjoying A Glass of Bubbly with me.